Thursday, November 3, 2016

Review: Ripper

Ripper Ripper by Lexi Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rating: 3.5
I was originally going to take supreme contempt against the this book. But I'll get into that later. I'll say this, I very much enjoyed this book despite the pessimistic sarcastic (and slightly suicidal) female lead. The book started off the same, a female lead with a shadowed pass with powers she did not want to acknowledge and the usual quest to help bring her powers to forefront, pretty standard stuff. In comes the male lead, (though I don't believe he really was or deserved to be for that matter) Gray Sloane. To make a long story short, he was hinky from the beginning. I mean, they have known each other for all of two days (TWO DAYS!) and he was throwing around "I love you's" like your grandmother handing out her famous pie on Thanksgiving. And he trapped her in much the same way a good piece of pie would too. I did not like the relationship and I am glad that it was resolved (at least to some degree because it's obvious that he still will have some influence in her story later on). I personally like Marcus and hope their relationship will be able to flourish.
Otherwise, I enjoyed this story, the action was great and I liked the world that it took place. I am anxious to see what happens next and see what else unfolds and what other mystery Kelsey will stumble onto.


No comments:

Post a Comment