Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: Wild by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, and A.C. Arthur

WildWild by Eve Langlais
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wild brings together the writing talents of Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas and A.C. Arthur. All are great authors in their own right but with story collections like this there's bound to be some that a reader will like more than others.

First up is Catch a Tiger by the Tail by Ms. Langlais and I had to stop myself from laughing out loud in public. The heroine (Lulu) is kick-ass, funny and the back and forth with her male counter part is priceless. The hero wasn't too shabby either. Brody the were-tiger accountant has a lot to meow about and as a matter of fact his tiger meowed a lot. Well, I guess tigers can meow , especially if they are weretiger. Anyway, this first entry has a great plot-line, a descent dose of action and and characters that the reader would like to see in further stories. Especially, that sexy alpha Fabian. Now, he's one character to meow about.

Next up is Wild Passions by Kate Douglas. I have to admit that this entry did not capture my attention like I'd expected. Like all of Ms. Douglas' entries, this one was well written with well developed characters but there was just too many to keep track of in such a short story. Like most readers, I expected the head shifter in charge to have his HEA but that just didn't happen. So, I kept reading expecting a three way relationship to develop but that didn't happen either. I found the heroine (Meg the character that I assumed to be the heroine) boring. The secondary female characters stole the spotlight consistently throughout the story and I was foolishly hoping that the male leads (Traker the Alpha and Zach the fiancé) would hook-up or that Zach would be a were or just something that would draw more interest. Don't worry too much about this because there are plenty of other characters with personal issues that will keep readers entertained.

The final entry is Her Perfect Mates by AC Arthur and this was a treat to read. It was a little dark and a little edgy with strong leads. The heroine (Caroline) is a great pairing with the two male leads (Malec and Channing). I truly wouldn't mind reading more tales centered around all the characters of this novella. Her Perfect Mateshas weres (both wolf and feline), Greek mythology (with a pissed off Zeus) and enough male character with issues to write many more stories about.



Thank you to Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment