Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Review: Pressing Adalyn (Pretending #1)

Title: Pressing Adalyn
Author: Jenn Hype
Type: Novel -Series
Length: 184 (Kindle)
Publisher: All The Hype
Publication Date: September 9, 2015
Genre(s): Contemporary Romance

Blurb
To say I’m lacking a life plan would be a gross understatement. Yeah, I ‘survived’ something horrific and still managed to graduate college, but it did me little good. Here I am three years later with no life plan, no money and no goals, moving to a big city to live with my best friend in hopes of putting my self-destructive behavior behind me and getting my life back on track.

Stacy and I met in college. She’s the quintessential good-time girl, which means she just barely has her crap together herself. If I manage to survive living with her without getting arrested or seriously embarrassing myself, then I’ll consider that a step in the right direction.

No steps in any direction have even been made before Ian enters the picture, throwing me even further off course with all his sexy charm and annoying persistence. I’ve never had a guy so incapable of taking a hint. I don’t care if he’s Stacy’s best friend and one of the city’s most eligible bachelors. Doesn’t make a difference to me that he’s a walking contradiction; his gorgeous face and unrelenting kindness won’t do him any good when it comes to me.

Even if I wanted Ian - which I don’t - I’m nowhere near ready for a serious relationship, and I swore off casual sex when I moved in with Stacy. So no matter how deliciously tempting he is, I’m not going to give in to Ian.

Really I’m not.

Review

In Deep Like!
Adalyn is on the mend. She’s just a sweetie … you know hard colorful exterior with a soft interior. In the beginning, I experienced a real love/hate relationship with this character. Lets face it, if you read the book Adalyn and Stacy are real potty mouths and not of the usual sort. These two characters even had me giving an “Oh my” every other page, but that tough exterior portrayed by the leading lady was just that, a hard shell that helped her cope with the tragedy of her past. Trust me it is a doozy and worth finishing the story.

Foul mouthed, snarky and with a general bad attitude Adalyn’s plan almost worked. Her illusion of an ill tempered harpy worked to keep everyone away except dear sweet Ian. Who honestly is the most patient leading male I've ever read. Ian is the quintessential good looking good guy. He isn't the extra cocky alpha male I’m used to reading about but he exudes a different type of strength that complimented the female lead’s intense in your face attitude. Ian is Adalyn’s ‘Clark Kent’ and every young woman deserves at least one in her life.

Even though Superman it alot, that does't mean that he didn't have his own brand of swoon worthy swag. For those angst lovers like myself the author didn't forget us. So, there are ex-lover face-offs and a minion like sibling that help to move the story forward.

~~ARC gracious provided by the author via Story Cartel~~

No comments:

Post a Comment