Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: Fury's Kiss

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Furies ...
Was on the fence about this one because initially I had trouble connecting with both female and male lead. Not to mention, reading about Furies isn't my norm but I decided to give it a go. I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed. The storyline is good even if I have/had a problem with the lead characters.

Tara Walker is just a young lady working hard to fulfill some of her dreams. Then an attack by a not too bad looking stranger changes everything in an instant. Now, she must move forward with the . Tara as the the female lead took to getting used to. I found her to be a little too happy go lucky when it came to being possessed by an ancient Grecian god (of sorts). Her character kind of automatically fell into superhero mode rather quickly. Not that she's supposed to sit back and brood about it but there is something missing between discovery and full steam ahead. Never the less, the author wrote a strong female lead to introduce readers to the  series.

The male lead, Jackson Byrne on the other hand is hard to like. His character is so hot and cold. He's just an a-hole times 100 but I think that is just a part of his appeal. He wasn't one of those I see you, I love you and now let me hump your leg the rest of the book kind of lead. He has the sex appeal some readers look for but Jackson's character isn't the smoldering looks kind of guy. His character's personality fits considering he's a former Navy Seal.

The really great thing about Fury's Kiss are the secondary characters. They're all good and memorable. The other good thing about the story is that it started off full steam ahead and didn't stop until the final action sequence.

Overall I give this a 3.5 rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment