Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: Vindicate by Beth Yarnall

Title:Vindicate
Author: Beth Yarnall
Type: Novel
Length: 242 pages (Kindle)
Publisher: Love Swept - Random House
Publication Date: November 17, 2015
Genres: New Adult Romance/Suspense

Blurb
Cora. . . . I got my driver’s license on my sixteenth birthday so I could visit my brother in prison. Five and a half years later, he’sstill locked up for a murder he didn’t commit and I’m still trying to find a way to set him free. Then I hear about Nash Security and Investigation, a private detective agency that helped exonerate a wrongfully convicted man after thirty-nine years in prison. The problem? They’ve already taken on the one pro-bono case they’ll accept this year.


Leo. . . . I’m this close to finishing law school—and never working another day at my dad’s P.I. office—when Cora Hollis walks through the door. She’s got a box of files, a handful of leads, and an independent streak a mile wide. She fascinates me and I can’t say no. Suddenly I’m volunteering to help her find a missing witness who could be the key to her brother’s case. But nothing is what it seems and giving in to the attraction between us could be more dangerous than finding the real murderer.


Review
… two thousand, two hundred seventy-one days

Full Steam Ahead
That’s how long it took Cora to get her brother freed from prison. 2,271 days she served with him until he could be vindicated of all crimes.

Vindicate is a suspenseful romance that keeps the reader at the edge of their seat. You see … I love any book or any author that turns me into a stalker and I must say that I want part two now. Well written with compelling characters that I definitely want to read more about. Cora is the no non-sense girl on a mission and Leo is the cocksure hero clubbed in the head by love. Both characters are well written and play off one another very well. There romance is a bit lukewarm but that doesn't hinder the progression of their relationship. In fact, it enhances the characters because as the reader you get to see how each character is slowly evolving.

So, besides the main characters what works for this tale? Well, a whole lot works for this one. Heck, even the secondary characters catch and hold the reader's interest because like Cora and Leo you’re busy trying to figure out who's the real killer. Throw together some well placed angst, some disapproving moms (gotta love the self absorbed witches) and one crazed murderer and you have a good read that is hard to put down. 

Happy Reading Everyone!!!

~~ ARC graciously provided by author, RockStarLit PR and Netgalley in exchange for honest review.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment