Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: Bitter Ashes by Sara C. Roethle

Bitter Ashes (Bitter Ashes, #1)Bitter Ashes by Sara C. Roethle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was a good start to the Bitter Ashes series but I just couldn't get on board with the story 100%. There isn't any denying that the writing is good and the world building is okay ... it was just that some aspects of the story was flat out confusing. Mainly, the confusion has to do with what the main and secondary characters are. Spent most of my time trying to figure out if they're fae, shifters/were or some other creature that I cannot imagine. Due to the uncertainty of species of the characters (the book states that they're Vaettir) I had to look this up to find out at least what the word meant. Without a clear distinction between the characters and their natures made it hard to stay focused. The story was entertaining but I found the heroine (Maddy) to be extremely naive and a bit annoying. The story presents other characters along with the heroine that are much stronger. Hopefully, as the series progresses her character will grow and be able to balance out the male leads (Alaric and James).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment