Thursday, November 3, 2016

Review: Darkness of Light

Darkness of Light Darkness of Light by Stacey Marie Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is literally Twilight with fairies. Ember is a pseudo- Bella with a bad attitude. And Eli is literally Edward Cullen with a foul mouth. Although well written, to a point (there were still some mistakes) I had a lot of issues with this book, therefore I going to give it 3 stars. As the reader, we were privy to listening to her ramble on for the majority of the book questioning what she was. I figured this out (partly anyway, the half demon thing eluded me until the end of the book and I’m not sure how I feel about that) in the beginning of the book when she mentioned her severe allergy to iron. Then we spent the other half of the book listening to her inner monologue on why Eli hated her so much. You know they had that whole “It’s unsafe for you to be around me and we are not supposed to be together but come here let me kiss you!” syndrome. What she should have been questioning is how he always turned up where she was and what he was. That for me was the best part of the book, questioning what Eli was. For the majority of the book I thought he was a wolf and I was pleasantly surprised when he was a Dark Dweller instead. What was awkward was that she spent the majority of the time telepathically talking to him? I don’t know that whole thing was kind of hazy. I mean I just think they were staring deeply into each other’s eyes and she was having a conversation with herself not with him. Also there was only so many times you could listen to her waxing poetic about how sexy he was every single time she saw him. Along with all this going on between Eli and Ember, there is Torin the boy of her dreams…literally. I guess he could be Jacob. I mean she had such a fiery reaction to him in her dreams, and felt so safe with him but she had the exact same reaction with Eli if not more. I honestly don’t understand what is going on in this book and if I’m being honest I probably won’t continue the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment